Saturday, July 11, 2009

A guardian angel...

i have this old friend, jessica. she stays in KL with her hubby but we (sadly) never seriously took time to meet and catch up... i remember during our school days, jess and i were never too close. we were merely good friends. i know her, she knows me, we may hang out together but we were never the 'best' friends type. u know, 'best girlfriends' like those who tell-it-all (on sex & guilts, etc), bare-it-all (like shower together), and are each other's shadow?

but since I've moved to KL, our bond kinda tightened. she became someone who constantly kept in touch, and she is always concerned about me and my little family. it's like one of my favourite phrases, "Good friends are like stars. You don't see them all the time, but you know that they are always there". Jess is that type of friend. She has a very kind heart. Her passion for animals also proved me correct.

No, this entry is NOT about jesssica (hahaa). Well, i mean i have a handful of friends who are my 'star friends' (those we seldom get to meet, but are close to our hearts). But i started typing with Jess on my mind, then sidetracked a little, haha..

Well, one consolation news is that I get to speak to Dr Vicknesh from O&G Dept of Hospital KL yesterday. Jess got his mobile number from her friend. When I obtained the number, I wasn't very skeptical about it. U know, docs are usually pretty busy and may not entertain us non-patients. I dialled a few times but to no success. My heart sank a bit. At that same time, I was on msn with jess. She wrote something like, just call, who knows maybe he is your guardian angel etc.. Then Dr Vicknesh answered my call! He sounded like a nice man. I told him my mom's situation in Miri and my financial ability and stuff. He immediately scheduled an appointment next Friday to see him. And that my mom's radiation and chemo treatments may be able to start within a month. So i'm flying my mom here on Thursday evening.

Yes there is a guardian angel. And I think it's Jess :)

I see some slight hope because at least I managed to secure an appointment with the doc in a fully govt hospital. I do not know how this Dr Vicknesh will take on our case, but I must have hope. I must have faith.

Hey, indeed this entry IS about JESS!! hahaha... (shh...she doesn't know this blog exists)



2 comments:

WJH said...

I'm sure Jess would be proud and glad to be your Guardian Angel:-)Well, i'm glad to be one of your category 3 "star friends" too.. 24 years is a long time and it felt like yesterday!
We all care about you and your family's well-being ik ling..just keep us posted ok!

eileen said...

Thanks heaps, JH...

I've missed you all loads too..